Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, January 31, 2011

Kitchen in stages

So the kitchen is gradually coming along.  We still need to get more paint on the walls and cabinets but we found the color we like which is nice.  So we are putting in extra cabinets and counter on the one side of the kitchen. We got the corner cabinet on sale for $54! It was $220 so hooray for savings!!  We bout it the other day and went and picked it up today.  We also got another end cabinet, and a bunch of 2x4's. (which aren't actually 2 X 4. so very odd but oh well just makes Kris have to reconfigure his method of doing the counter tops in tile)  

The counter in progress with cabinets.  The new color for the walls (caramel honey) and Freya sitting on the counter completely confused by all that is going on.
We got the corner cabinet in. (after much twisting turning and reconfiguring to get it through the door to the kitchen)  And we got the end cabinet in.  While my man did the manly work of screwing everything in place and measuring I went to work on my own project.  The Hall Bathroom!(will tell more in a min)  But after getting the cabinets in he set to work on putting the counter top on and in place with the 2x4's.  It is looking good so far.  

My project.... The Hall Bathroom...   So I went to town stripping the wall paper from the walls, which was white with green vines and flowers with yellow/gold butterflies all over.  It was ok but outdated.  I spackled the holes left by towel racks and curtain rods.  Now that is drying over night so I can sand it down and get to work painting tom.  We had originally gotten a bright yellow for the kitchen called Sunflower.  Well it was too much for the kitchen so I am going to paint the bathroom this color.  I am super excited to be doing something to that bathroom to make it bright and happy.  More to come about that after it is completed.  

So now that is my day.  I hope ya'll have had a wonderful one! 

1 comments:

Kelly Marie said...

wooo savings :) everything is coming together!

Post a Comment