Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hall Bath Project


 So we are redoing parts of the house at a time. Since he was working on the kitchen I decided I wanted my own project that I could start on.  Well... I started it, he being so wonderful, finished it for me.  I took down the wallpaper to begin with.  I had gotten tired of the old 70's style  green vines, orange/brown flowers, and pinkish/orange butterflies.  I decided that since we had Sunflower yellow left from the kitchen (which we redid since it was to bright for the room and made it glow yellow!) I painted it yellow.  It was pretty but it took bout 3 layers and still was not fully covering.  Then I got completely nixed on the yellow by my girlfriend EC who told me "OMG NOOOOO you can't put make up on in a yellow bathroom and not come out looking like a clown. Yellow is NOT a color for a bathroom."  Kris said he thought a different color would be better as well and sis said its not the color for a bathroom.  So we changed! The wonderful thing about paint.  We found Surfer Waves blue.  LOVE it.  Its a bright light blue.  We got the glass shelf and towel rack at IKEA, both of which we think look great.  The mirror Kris found at Lowes.  He sends me a txt of it and says he has found the perfect mirror what do I think... I think I love it!  Perfect!  So I went the next day and looked at it in person and bought it.  So now we have half the bathroom done.  We still need to get a curtain rod that we like. Most likely going to be a curved one, and we need a new curtain that will go with the bathroom.  We still plan on getting something for the other wall behind the door, hooks for part of it and don't know about the other part.  The counter, sink, and faucets for sink and tub are then next major projects for this room.  
       Can't wait to get the rest of it finished!  

2 comments:

Kelly Marie said...

I LOVE the mirror!

Kelly Marie said...

and the color looks really really good!

Post a Comment